Precautions We Follow to Avoid Exposing You to Mercury During Amalgam Removals
Premier Dental Care makes every effort to keep you safe from the harmful effects of mercury while we are removing amalgam fillings. These include:
- An oxygen breathing mask on your nose
- An air-vacuum system that absorbs mercury aerosols from the operatory room
- High-speed suction tools
- Liberal use of water
- A rubber dam or a clean-up device to isolate the tooth
- Drilling at slow speeds to lower the amount of mercury vapors produced and avoid unneeded friction and heat on and within the tooth that can cause pulpitis or permanent nerve damage.
- An oxygen breathing mask on your nose and full body coverage with gowns and plastics
- Detoxification supplements
Recommended Supplements Before Mercury and Amalgam Removal
In ideal circumstances we recommend that patients who need an amalgam removal go on a detoxifying program starting about three days before treatment and lasting at least three months after the amalgam fillings are removed. If your amalgam fillings have already been removed, you can start detoxifying today. The usual amount of time for the body to eliminate mercury is about three to six months. To detoxify, the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology suggests taking the following supplements and vitamins for three to six months following amalgam removals. The recommended supplements may be used individually or in combination depending on each patient’s needs. Please consult your integrative physician or Dr. Wilson before deciding which detoxification regimen is right for you:
- Core Cilantro Blend
- Vitamin C 1000 mg—Take one tablet three times a day.
- Zinc 30 mg—Take one tablet two times a day.
- Selenium 100 MCG—Take one tablet daily.
- Magnesium 500 mg—Take one table daily.
- Glutathione 50 mg—Take one tablet three times per day on an empty stomach. CAUTION: Individuals with insulin deficiency should not take glutathione.
- Methionine 200 to 500 mg—Take one tablet three times a day.
- B Complex 50 mg—Take one tablet two times a day.
- Chlorella—Take ten capsules two times a day.
- The Metagenics ultra-potent vitamin C powder—Take ¼ teaspoon five times a day starting the day the amalgam is removed. Then take 1/8 teaspoon four times a day for the next four days. After that time period, please take as directed on the container for two months or until you start iv chelation.
- The Renew Life heavy metal cleanse.
Smoking Teeth – Poison Gas
Mercury Detoxification Protocol
If you are looking for reliable mercury detoxication, you can find more information with the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology. Call a member of our team today to learn more about our alternative dental care.