In addition to traditional methods, our team provides homeopathic medicine at Premier Dental Care. Homeopathy is a branch of medicine based on the philosophy that the body is able to safely and effectively heal itself through natural means. This allows our team to provide you with products, materials and procedures that are biocompatible and do not cause negative effects on your oral and overall health. We will even conduct a serum biocompatibility test to make certain that all products and materials used will be beneficial for your use.
Our team may prescribe the use of certain homeopathic remedies and treatments for a variety of symptoms such as nerve pain, bone trauma, gum soreness or anxiety. Be sure that any use of these substances is performed under the direction of your dentist, Dr. Marla Wilson, and her team, and that you use each remedy according to instructions and discontinue use once symptoms abate.
Examples of Homeopathic Treatments
- Aconite – For those with dental anxiety or fear, Aconite 12x or 30x can relieve your anxiety about an upcoming procedure. You can take one dose the night before your dental visit and then one or two doses just before coming to the office.
- Arnica – Arnica 12x or 30x is one of the most versatile and useful homeopathic treatments for dentistry, usually taken to alleviate pain from extensive procedures, like tooth extractions, drilling and gum surgeries. It is also recommended as a remedy for sore gums and toothache pain before you are able to see the dentist.
- Hypericum – If you have a procedure that involves drilling, such as a tooth extraction, Hypericum 12x or 30x can relieve the nerve pain associated with the procedure.
- Ruta Graveloens – If you have a traumatic injury that fractures the bone or loosens a tooth, or if you receive a tooth extraction, Ruta Graveloens, or Ruta, can help mitigate the pain.
If you have any questions about our homeopathic medicines, methods and remedies in Indianapolis, Indiana, please give our practice a call today at 317-787-6625 to learn more about the benefits of these treatments. Though these methods can mitigate many different problems, we also advise that you receive traditional dental services as well to treat the underlying issues.
General Guidelines to Increase the Effectiveness of Homeopathic Remedies
- Do not handle homeopathic remedies with your hands. They should be taken from the container directly into the mouth.
- Homeopathic medicines should be taken sublingually (placed under the tongue until they dissolve).
- Do not eat anything for at least 20 minutes before or after taking a homeopathic remedy.
- Try to stay away from coffee, tea and mint while taking a homeopathic remedy as these may neutralize the effects of the medicines.
- Once your symptoms start to go away, cease your homeopathic treatment.